Friday, September 11, 2009

The World Your Balloon, Peeping Tom for the Mother Station

So Andy is away at his Paintballing Bachelor Extravaganza this weekend. I have set up my wedding day make-up appointment and we have received or first official wedding present. I am going to practice setting up the table decorations to see if they look as good in real life as they do in my head.

HOLY SHIT THIS WEDDING IS ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN?! WHERE DID THE 13 MONTHS I GAVE MYSELF TO PLAN EVERYTHING GO?

Okay, blog I am going to be completely honest with you. I am starting to freak out. For the most part, I am still able to keep it all together, but if I stop and let myself think about the wedding, I can feel my pulse quicken and my stomach starts to feel like someone is doing the jitterbug in there. It is not cold feet. No, in fact, watching Andy through this wedding process has made me realize more than ever, that I am picking the right person. I am nervous because (and it pains me to say this because it makes me sound like every other bride out there) I want my wedding to be perfect, well as close to perfect as it can possibly be. I know this means I am setting myself up for failure, but I can’t help it.

Currently my biggest worry is that I don’t offend anyone or hurt somebody’s feelings. Andy and I have put a lot of thought into our wedding. We chose the people who are helping us for very specific reasons. We are keeping our ceremony short so that our friends and family can enjoy the reception. I don’t want anyone to feel like we are leaving them out of the planning process or hiding things from them. Also, if too many people get involved then that adds to the stress of the whole thing. So far this has been my least favorite part of getting married; worrying about how other people feel or what they are going to think.

What helps me get over the stress and worry is to think about the wedding itself because by that time all this planning and stress will have paid off. I think about sharing the memories with my family and friends and that is what helps me stay excited and keeps me from eloping…plus I am really looking forward to being absolutely drop dead gorgeous for one day!

1 comment:

Secret Agent Peanut, aka Stephanie said...

You are absolutely gorgeous every damn day, miss thang. I am so looking forward to being with you on your special day, like you were with me on mine, and like we were with Kat on hers.

Oh, love. The day will come, and your brain will mushify and the people who love you will make sure it all orchestrates and you will have a fabulous time and everyone will be thankful we were there with you.