Thursday, September 24, 2009

One Month and Counting

Well this is it...the final countdown (I wish I could play music on this thing…Google final countdown by the band Europe when you have a moment). We are down to a month, and yes I am feeling overwhelmed. Andy on the other hand…well let’s just say it is business as usual with him. If you didn’t know better, you would not think he was getting married in a month. I can’t complain too much, that is one of the things I love about him, the man is very even tempered.

We have asked Andy’s sister Alana and one of my dearest/closest friends Stephanie to read at the wedding. We are not quite sure what they are reading yet, but I am sure we will find something that will work. What is making this a hard task is that Andy and I don’t have any passage or story or song or anything that has meaning for us. What is important to us is to have people we care about standing up there with us. What they end up reading isn’t as big of a deal as long as it is about love, friendship, marriage, life, etc. Another issue we are running into is that we are envisioning the ceremony in different ways. I see things being more light and friendly, Andy wants things to be serious. Andy is not a humor hater, he is just worried that if it is too cutesy or funny or childish, it will take away from the seriousness of what we are doing. Look! A compromise that he and I have to work on and we aren’t even married yet.

This wedding is turning out to be the party of the year. We are already at over 100 people RSVP’d and there is still a good chunk of RSVP’s out there. I hope people have a good time.

PS. Look What I figured out how to do...Europe's Final Countdown

No comments: