Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fine Feathered Friends

When people ask me what the colors of the wedding are, I have been replying with “think autumn leaves.” I haven’t want to get pinned down to any one color combination because all the autumn colors are wonderful. With that said, a certain pattern has emerged. After meeting with the Zophie (the amazingly talented woman who is going to make my veil) and discussing likes and dislikes with her, it seems that my wedding colors are going to be hunter green, black, ivory, and dark grey. Also, a secondary theme has emerged…feathers. We will be using bleached peacock feathers to decorate the tables. Andy is tying flies in autumn colors for his certain members of the wedding party to wear as boutonnieres, and my birdcage veil is going to be feather-tastic.

As for my veil…I can’t wait to see the finish product. Zophie was really good at helping me realize what I wanted. I came to her originally with the vague notion that I wanted a birdcage veil, but that was about it. With her I was able to figure out that I didn’t want something that was too high and I wanted something that I could wear later on if I ever get invited to a fancy party or dinner. To top it off, we discussed business at Sugar Rush Bakery, which happen to serve the best cupcakes I have ever had.

As for the wedding invites…those were purchased last Thursday. My friend Monica (the same wonderfully patient woman who helped me with the save the dates) helped Andy and I figure out what we wanted our invites to look like. It became apparent almost instantly that he and I had very different ideas of what we wanted. We quickly were able to compromise, though Andy was thrown off a bit when Monica showed us some invites that looked like women’s breasts. I instantly said “no,” but it did take a while to convince Andy that they were not wedding appropriate.

No comments: