
Andy and I have been engaged for 9 days and our original wedding plans have already had to change. The changes are for the best (repeat this mantra as much as you need to). In the end it will save us money and stress. But right now it is causing more stress because since May, Andy and I have been talking about doing our wedding a certain way and within a few days that has all had to change. It is okay...breathe Carly breathe.
Above is a picture of (keep your finger crossed) where we plan on having our wedding/reception. It is the Golden Gardens Bathhouse. It is perfect for Andy and I because it is right on the water and sort of rustic feeling. Additionally it can fit something like 180 people which will probably be what I am looking at attendance wise. I thought I would be able to take some time off from planning, maybe like a month, but again I was wrong. From what I have been reading online, I should already be talking to photographers and caterers! My wedding is not for a freaking year!
Secretly I love the stress though. I love keeping myself up at night wondering what my tables are going to be decorated like and how I am going to fit everything I want to do (make-up, hair, photographer, set-up) all in one day. Right now, I like to pretend that I can do it all on my own (with a little help from Andy), but I know realistically in the end that I am going to have to ask my friends and family for help.
***The wedding/reception will officially be held at the Golden Gardens Bathhouse! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment